Sunday, July 16, 2017

Follow Your Heart

Recently for the Helmar Creative team I made a small canvas using some scrap papers and my favourite Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste for the collage background. To see even more details pop over to the Helmar Creative Team page.






I covered my canvas with torn scrap papers, I just choose some that appeal to me. I have been given a few random pieces of different papers as gifts with letter journals that I have received. So this has some of those included, it was really nice to be able to use them in this project.


Using the Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste and the glue spreader. I added glue to the canvas and the back of the paper and then use the glue spreader to ease out any bubbles. This gives you a great smooth finish.


Then I added some Decoart paints in 3 different shades of blue and Gesso. Then added some stencilling with the Crafter workshop chicken wire stencil.


While this was drying I worked on the layers. I used some Gesso on the hessian and the gauze to blend them together a bit. Then used some Helmar Tacky Craft Glue to stick them together. For the Heart I used some Helmar Decoupage and Craft Paste and glued it on to some cardstock to give it strength. Then I cut it into a heart shape and added a little plasterers tape, gesso and paint. I also painted another sheet of book paper so that I could stamp the words on it for my saying.


To add all the layers on top of my background I first placed it all together without glue and then took a photo to see if it looked right.


Then when I pull it off to glue it all on, I have a reference to know where my layers went and what order I wanted them to be. I have learned this is a great step when working on layers as otherwise you might not get the placement were you want it to be. You can look at your photo and go yep that is right. I wanted all of my postage stamps showing from the background so that is why I was a bit fussy with where I wanted it to be placed.


I wanted the plasterers tape on the background then the hessian and gauze layer. I glued these together with Helmar Tacky Craft Glue. Remember to pop some of the Helmar Tacky Craft Glue over the plasterers tape even though it is sticky you will still need to put some of the Helmar Tacky Craft Glue on it. It dries clear so you wont see it. I spread it around over it. Next is the heart layer that I have used the Helmar Tacky Craft Glue to pop the torn stamped words on.


When I stuck the heart on top using the Helmar Tacky Craft Glue I noticed that I had a bit more dimension than I thought. So I used some of the Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots wonderful stuff that. I just raised the bits up that needed the extra dimension and squeezed the Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots on the parts that needed it. It was under the ends of the words and the tips of the heart.


Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for the lovely comment..