Saturday, November 12, 2016

Today I choose Happiness...

Hi all, I have been wanting to get my sewing machine out and sew in my art journal for a while so this week it was time to do just that. 


I got 2 dictionary pages out and glued them on to a piece of cardstock with Helmar Decoupage and craft paste. Then I painted them with different blues in Decoart Americana paints. I used 4 different blues and blended them also with white to get different variations. Added some circles with a stencil from TYPO. 


I bought this wonderful word papers on clearance at Kaisercraft and could not wait to use it. So it went on the background over the piece of Hessian that I had added some gesso and paint.  I also bought the paper with the quote on, It was a 12 x 12 sheet with all different quotes cards. 

Will link this up with Paint Party Friday and Art Every Day Month and pop over and visit and see what you have been up to this week 


Have a great day
Vicki-Ann :)

7 comments:

  1. a beautiful combination of paper and fabric. Really wonderful journal spread! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages! It's all you can do!! I have always loved this saying!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful journal entry. Sewing always makes pages more interesting, and I'm glad to see you have chosen to do so. I love the combination of smooth paper and rough hessian (burlap).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful. I am not a blue person but these are very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad I chose to visit your blog today- so glad you chose happiness

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..