Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Excuses...


I wanted to practice more faces. So I tried out one with a bit more of an angle to her head. 

I used my Neocolor IIs and my waterbrush in my Moleskine art journal. I added some highlights with some white and skintone acrylic paint to her face.  I only have the 15 pack of Neocolor IIs, so really only the one face tone colour in that pack.  I cut the banners out of book paper and gave them little highlights with the Neocolours.  Used some sequin waste and sponged some Gesso through it in the background and then a little stamping with my France Papillon cube stamp. Added a little doodling with some dangle hearts with pens.  

She woke up one day and threw away all her excuses. Thought that quote kind of suited her, she looks very carefree. 

Going to link this up at Balzer Designs, Art Journal every day

Have a great day
Sandy :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your face and quote and the great angle. I keep meaning to get some Neocolour ll's and seeing your lovely artwork I think I'm going away now to make a list of colours and buy individual colours.... glad I've seen this today - thank you... Gill x :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..