Monday, May 4, 2015

More from my Junk Journal...

I watched a tutorial on making a Junk Journal that Teesha Moore did on The Artstronauts club. It was last year and it stuck with me thinking gee I must make one of those.. So I went through all the recycling and tore some magazine covers off.. Anything that I thought would hold up to some collage. Sewed and stitched pages together and came up with this. So here are some more pages in my Junk Journal.. 



A little green Alien came to visit in my junk journal.  I printed a copy of him from my sketch book. Coloured him in, all Aliens are green. Added some spots and squares on his outfit and gave him suction cups for hands.  The background is one of my Gelli prints made with acrylic paint and bubble wrap.. For this page I had to have more orange so I painted in some of the circles with an orange marker. Then I did more circles and filled them in too with the same orange.. The wording on the trunks of my attempt at alien trees, says 'Believe in youself' and 'Trust in the unexpected'. Lots of doodling in this one. 


I just had all these little bits of collage sheets left over from Teesha's wonderful collage sheets that I print out.. So I looked for anything that would match and stuck them all down here.. There is one here from a print of one of my index cards also. I love using them here and there in my collages. The one I used here is the yellow with the blue circles. Random words that fitted the colours.. Even a raffle ticket stub, well it just kind of fitted in that square spot that was left. 

So day 4 of the #90daysofblogging accomplished. If you would like to pop over and see what the others joining in on this challenge are up to today.. 
Here are the links...
Tamiko McCurry
Donna Lueders
Sandee Setliff
Sharon Estes
Yvonne Armatage Gebauer 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

3 comments:

  1. I always have fun seeing the journal pages you create. Now I am learning that all aliens are green! lmao What about one purple people eater? LOL Is he not purple? LOL Day 4 awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sauce (can you hear me singing that?) Love your pages and still think they look hard (you make it look and sound easy, but not for me). Loves ya!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Junk journaling is such an oxymoronic word your beautiful journals that you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..