Monday, March 9, 2015

Note cards...


I just received the small Gelli plate in the mail and I could not wait to play.  So of course when I want to play I get those 2 favourite colours out that I love and off I go. So DecoArt Vivid violet and Sea Breeze in the Americana range.. Those paints work so well on the Gelli plate.. So time for fun to be had.. Got my box of Gelli plate printing goodies down and grabbed a hexagon stencil and off I went.. I had precut some cards and opened my journal all ready.. I popped the Gelli plate onto an acrylic block like this Youtube tutorial Stamping with Gelli from Gelli Arts. You have to watch they explain it so well.. Just makes it so easy.. It's very clean with the rubbing of the deli paper over the back of the print when you press it down, which is such an awesome tip.. So I made 6 note cards and 7 envelopes. For the envelopes I just had a piece of torn paper across the middle so I had a blank piece to write the address in..  I also stamped in my art journal as I was going along. As why not have a background ready for something fun in the future.. 



I so enjoyed this small Gelli plate, it was a lot easier for me to handle and practice the layering techniques with the small plate.  Just a few drops of paint and look at all the note cards I have to send off with my parcels, how terrific is that.. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)


4 comments:

  1. this is really a great blog and I have a large gel plate I have not used yet I must get it out and play, these are awesome. Welcome to the Decoart Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did!! The colors look great together. I have a small Gelli Plate sitting on my desk waiting for me to play. Hopefully tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man.. so tempted to get this smaller plate.. these came out amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..