Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Listen to your Heart...



Watched Tracy at Mixed Media Monday today and loved the background she created all shades of blue with splatters of white and black.. I don't have black and white acrylic paint mixed up for splatters but I had Dylusions sprays so I used those.. Tracy always says to use what you have.. Andy Skinner was watching today too so thought of all the ways to grunge one of Tracy's heart's up.. So here is what I did for my grungy version.. I got a piece of white cardstock and ran it through my Tim Holtz gear embossing folder. Then painted it red and gently brushed over some black to just highlight the embossing. Added some cardboard wings that had been sitting on my desk they had gone through a different embossing folder of roses. Then it was sticking random gears and letters on it and I used Helmar's Tacky glue and decopage. Then I went all around the pages and over the hearts and gears with my sewing machine.. It's getting harder to take photo's in my journal now it is getting very fat with art.. 

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

3 comments:

  1. Is Beautiful Sandy...love the grunge look and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the background Tracy created and you replicated it beautifully! Your rendition with gears and grunge turned out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really rocked Tracy's heart painting, I love it. I just got my mixed media supplies and ready to start Grunging my art more. Super Job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..