Sunday, November 30, 2014

Create art every day...


Had fun in my art journal today with these pages I watched this France Papillon Youtube tutorial and was all inspired to create these pages.. 
I started with mod podge on some loose pages and then stuck some old sewing patterns on them for my background.. Then went around the edges with walnut stain.. I used a stencil and some black dylusions for the hexagons. I used my mini tile stencil and some gesso to add some little white details. Then I cut some linen and frayed the edges and covered it in gesso.. I had this spotty paper piece left over from the Authentique paper pack, love those papers. I stuck it all on with Helmars tacky glue then let it all dry.. Then I used my sewing machine and did lots of stitching.. Great thing about having loose pages I get to sew on them.. Then to finish it off I printed out the words, went around them in walnut stain and did some white paint splatters. Put some little brads in for some detail.

Its the last day of Art every day month so linking this up my little tribute to a fantastic month of art.. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

3 comments:

  1. Great pages, Sandy!

    Love the arrangement and colour scheme! And the stitching adds just perfectly!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous spread! Makes me want to reach out and touch it!
    Thank you so much for sharing :)))
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..