Saturday, February 8, 2014

Vases...

So after doing the last page of the cup of tea and pot.  I thought hmm I wonder if I can do a vase of flowers.. So I looked at a few images on google and got the shape of a vase.. Then looked at a few flowers in vases.. I kind of merged a lot together a bit from this one, a bit from that. A leaf from here and then some daisies, hope you recognize that is trying to be lavender, I love lavender..  It all came together and I ended up with the following sketches. Yea the photo's are not the best oh well.




So this is my sketches when I painted them in with my watercolours, just with the colours that I liked.. I wanted to keep the colours soft except I could not resist that dark purple vase. 


So this was great to practice these.. I do like the daisy flowers and the thin stem and leaves in the top one.. In the bottom one I like those wispy black lines and the purple lavender..  Next time think I will combine the 2 of those and see what I get.. 

Have a great day
Sandy :)

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! I love the whispy lines and the lavender too. You did a great job on these. Love them!
    Hugs,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pieces of art work -- if only I could be so good!!!! I love your style!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..