Saturday, June 15, 2013

Yummy colour...


A few had asked me about a journal page I had on my desk last Wednesday so thought I had better finish it off and pop on a post about it. 
I had a lot of fun experimenting with some spray inks.. I watched a youtube video so I had some idea of what to do and went to the source of my spray inks.. Dyan from Dylusions Youtube video  So if you have some spray inks and you have not used them like me, have a peek at the video.  Dyan makes it look so easy and really it only took minutes to get a basic background and it really was so quick and easy.. I so love all the bright colours, just makes me happy. I used some texture paste with some paint and a Balzer design doily stencil to get the blue design I really like the pattern..   Had the background done for about a week just wondering what to do then I sprayed some book pages.. Don't you just love book pages.. They turned out so cool so made one of my favourite things to do an owl..  Then I had to find some words, some times I start with the words but this time hmm had to think about it a bit..  I knew this one just felt right when I found it, so on it went.. 'Listen to the colour of your dreams'..   So what do you think did I do ok with my first attempt at spray inking?  I know it wont be my last as wow it was quick and I so love the bright colours..  I am loving this new journal its so great when you find something that suits you to a T..


Just for fun I am going to pop these at the following..
Artists in blogland
Balzer designs
Paint party Friday
Have a great day
Sandy :)

7 comments:

  1. those colours are just glorious... so fresh and bright... you have made a beautiful spread here...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layers and intense colors! :)
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful owl amidst all that gorgeous and brilliant color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layering of all your bright colors and the owl is so cute! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour layering, lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful journal page. Love the colors and the owl is adorable.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous layout...love it! Your owl is so cute, and the colors are amazing! hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..