Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WOYWW #199



Its Wednesday again and its that time of the week when Julia from WOYWW gets us all together to have a look at desks from all over the world.. 
My desk today has a canvas I am working on still got to stick those buttons on the flowers and work out what words I am going to put on it.. Was going to put the butterflies on it but think it is too busy with them on as well.. I will keep them and put them on a card they turned out so pretty. This is my very first canvas and told hubby not to worry it will go on the future craft room wall. (Daughter moves out in December and I have the room all planned). It was fun to do something different and really loved doing such bright happy colors.. This was a technique from Tracy at Mixed Media Monday, Tracy did it yesterday and I sat down and painted straight after the class.  I am learning so much and having lots of fun painting. Paint and bits everywhere didnt realise how messy it all is till I took the photo.  I love my new craft mat so easy to keep it all clean now.  
I just went to the Library and picked up that book it has 2 cute owls in it was excited when I saw them.. Title is Art and Life combined, its all about mixed media. I am still working on the washi tape book will finish it in the next few days then post it up for you all to see. 
My desk will be all different next week I have brought a new table its wooden and is very solid. My friend was selling it and I snapped it up.  The one I use now is one that folds in the middle and gets the shakes when I dab with the paint and I have things toppling off.. I pick the desk up this weekend so will have a reorganise of everything.  Its longer so that will give me more room yay....  

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

28 comments:

  1. I missed yesterday's show but will catch up soon hopefully. Love the age it looks brilliant

    Hugs eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas and you may find when you have sorted out the wording that just one twitchy butterfly can fly in on a corner - they look so pretty.
    OOh, a new table, some reorganisation? Show us next week, please do.
    Happy WOYWW - Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hullo there Sandy well that canvas looks so lovely, really spontaneous so shows you're a good student.. and looking forward tot hat craft room for you! however still a great creative space today!
    Thanks so much for for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #14

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the canvas..we need something bright and cheerful to look at while the weather is so awful! Enjoy your new desk and Happy WOYWW! Pam #21

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your canvas is beautiful, so bright and cheerful and I agree about the butterflies. Spotted the ball of string on the shelf, love the patterns made by the way it is wound on. It's OK, I'm. Not loopy , just noticing little things today as its very early.
    Ann B
    34

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pleased you're getting your own room to play in! I love the flowers, are they pansies? I got a book with owls in out of my local library before Christmas and I ha a lot of fun with it. Have a great week! Lucy #37 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. well that looks brilliant, I've just found some canvas's with some thing I did ages ago, might go over them and try some thing new! Have a great Easter, Happy WOYWW
    (Lyn) #10

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a scrumptious canvas - amazing colours and such a shot of Spring! Thanks so much for your visit, and happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #36

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your visit - a new table and soon a new craft room in the offing. How exciting!

    Love the canvas
    Cestina
    #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. the canvas is gorgeous, can't believe it's to be your first! The new room sounds an exciting substitute for having your daughter at home - hope we get to see it when it's all craftified!! Helen, 12

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy, well who could be glum looking at your canvas, it's so bright and cheerful, everyone should have something like this to look at.......well done you.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. The canvas is gorgeous - it's so great that you're getting so much from the classes tha tyou need to get on and do stuff straight away - sign of success I think! You are so among the right people to get excited over a nice new big table! Good luck with moving in and sorting out..however much longer it takes, it will be time well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the canvas! That is something I've always been afraid to try. Yours is lovely and shows quite a bit of creativity! Well done.
    Glenda #66

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your canvas is looking great, love the rich bright colours and design. Happy WOYWW heather #86

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I can't believe this is your first canvas it looks great. Wonderful colours and I love those flowers.
    Have a really great WOYWW day
    Ria #94

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great desk - really love your canvas, lovely colours. Happy WOYWW Gill x #75

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the canvas, makes me long for spring flowers! Maybe one butterfly or a honey bee??? Have a great day!
    Angie #109

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty canvas and look forward to your new room. BJ#67

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty canvas. Love the butterflies awaiting their role in the scene. SueC#137

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hooray on your first canvas, beautiful! I, too, made a craftroom out of my son's old room when he moved out - ha, that's the fun part of older children! Good luck moving the new desk in and enjoy playing! Happy woyww and happy Easter! Marit, #85

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the canvas well done, its simple lovely and bright x

    Sharon#127

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your bright and cheery canvas, Sandy! It will look perfect on your new craft room wall when DD moves on! I'm so happy for you about the new desk, too! No more shakey shakes!!

    Thanks for coming by early to see me. Have a wonderful holiday and week! Darnell #43

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really love the canvas, when is Spring getting here, so I can feel as cheery as your painting :) Happy WOYWW Cx #135

    ReplyDelete
  24. Standing back in awe! that is one beautiful canvas.
    Enjoy your new table - have a good stamping time!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful painting wish I knew how to paint! You kept the area so neat!! and your blog is so pretty! happy woyww!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love how the canvas turned out on your later post! Vibrant colors.

    Joel, #147

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous canvas Sandy...I must paint some more soon myself
    Annette #132

    ReplyDelete
  28. That little canvas looks lovely. Bit late visiting this week - Just wanted to say..Happy Easter! x Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..