Sunday, April 15, 2012


Case study challenge #86


I'm onto a new challenge today this is a case study challenge they have a wonderful inspiration card from the very talented Laurie Schmidlin.   

Case study inspiration card...
I love this style but I struggle with layers, frills, FLOWERS and paper tearing.  I never seem to quite get it right.  But hey that's what challenges are all about,  that's why I'm here to learn, try and even fail.  I did do all the background stamping with my trusty word stamp and the lovely flower and flourish stamps.  The flowers, does anyone else struggle so with flowers. I just didn't have the right color and my flowers hmmm need more practice. In the end I did the make a phone call and called a friend with a flower emergency.  What we came up with was a white flower and we inked it and put a pink brad in the middle.  What do you think does it work or have you any suggestions for something that maybe would of worked better.. 

So this is our card.....



Card Stock .........Cream, Razzleberry
Punches..............Decorative label 
Ink.........................Stampin'up Pale Plum, Razzleberry 
Paper....................Razzleberry
Stamp sets..........Kaszazz Dainty flourish, Kaiser craft Loire Valley, Stampin'up En Fraincais, Sincere salutations, Kaiser craft Loire Valley.
Lace ..................... Stampin'up Chantilly
Flowers.................No idea it was in a little packet loose no name on it.  We took out the stem and put the pink brad in it.


Just because I had my camera out taking a photo of my card.  I took a photo of  this lovely Bougainvillea that I just bought to go in the garden.  This is such a striking color can't wait for it to grow and climb and be a mass of flowers next year.

I would also like to welcome my 2 new followers Amanda and Suzanne.  Hope you enjoy taking a peek at my blog and find something here to inspire or make you smile :)

Have a great day
Sandy :) 

4 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous card, I know what you mean I keep practising my flowers but just can't seem to get them right lol. Love your take on the card and your flowers are beautiful. Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a cracking job! Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super sweet case card, luv the gorgeous flowers too....hope you have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not alone - I struggle with layers, frills and flowers but you rocked them on this card!
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..